My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, September 21, 2009

Time After Time



I saw from the Google doodle today that it's HG Wells' birthday. I've read and liked many of his books and think he was an interesting guy (and I find it kind of funny that CS Lewis apparently detested him), so I thought I'd mention a past movie about him ..... Time After Time Here's a little about the movie from Wikipedia ....

Time After Time is a 1979 American fantasy film written and directed by Nicholas Meyer. His screenplay is based on a novel by Karl Alexander and a story by Steve Hayes and centers on British author H.G. Wells and his use of a time machine to pursue Jack the Ripper into the 20th century.



The film starred Malcolm McDowell as HG Wells, David Warner as Jack the Ripper, and Mary Steenburgen as a woman Wells meets in present day San Francisco. One neat thing about the movie was that it was shot in San Francisco and we get to see Golden Gate Park, the Marina District, Ghirardelli Square, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown, etc. I saw it on tv so there may be some R rated parts I missed, and of course it's dated :) but still I found it pretty entertaining.

Here's a trailer ...




2 Comments:

Blogger Liam said...

I'm really busy, so this is just a drive-by comment -- I love that movie.

10:14 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Liam,

It's good to hear from you :)

Ypu're the only other person I know who's seen that movie. It's been a long time since I saw it - must rent it sometime.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home