My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Three holy wars

Howard Zinn, American historian and Professor of Political Science at Boston University from 1964 to 1988, has died. He was active in the civil rights and anti-war movements and below is a video (Nov. 2009) of him speaking about three holy wars - not religious wars, but wars in American history that are considered by most to be so sanctified that they're beyond criticism ... the revolutionary war, the civil war, and WWII. Some of what he says is challenging but it's interesting too ......




5 Comments:

Blogger victor said...

They should have given Howard more time but I did get the drift of what he said and I must say that from the stories that I've heard about Jesus The Christ, I'm sure that He would agree with Mr Zinn concerning the way he thinks about war nowadays.

Some will simply say that History proved that Jesus was too passive and that many of His followers just loved war.

To make a long story short, Faith tells me that had the soldiers not accepted to let Jesus' Apostles go, let's just say that Judas would have been happy with the outcome.

"IT" might sound like I'm contradicting myself so I'll just say that vengeance belongs to The Lord and many in our pass have convinced themselves that they were the true war lords.

I'll close by saying that IT's always the same, IT's just a shame that all.

When will god's dammed children learn what His Plan is for Humanity?

Why are you always so nice to me crystal? Is "IT" because sinner vic has taken a liking to you? :)

Peace

3:31 PM  
Blogger victor said...

That's all crystal! :)

3:39 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Victor,

I agree that Jesus might like Howard Zinn's stance. Why am I nice to you? Because I like you :)

6:23 PM  
Blogger Deacon Denny said...

Howard Zinn was a visionary for those of us in the "Catholic peace movement," whatever that means(!). He never quite got the recognition he deserved. I mourne his passing.

9:14 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Denny,

Yeah, I', a peacenik but I get the feeling most Catholics believe in the just war theory.

12:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home