My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, August 06, 2012

The Church of the Transfiguration



Today, the Feast of the Transfiguration, I looked up Mount Tabor and the Catholic church there ...

The Church of the Transfiguration is a Franciscan church located on Mount Tabor in Israel. It is traditionally believed to be the site where the Transfiguration of Christ took place, an event in the Gospels in which Jesus is transfigured upon an unnamed mountain and speaks with Moses and Elijah ...



(photos from the Wikipedia page)


4 Comments:

Blogger Dina said...

I was there, on the top of Mt. Tabor, yesterday for the festive Mass! What an experience!
Happy Transfiguration, Crystal!

12:02 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Dina,

It must be so interesting to live in a place with so much history. I think the oldest place here is about 200 years old :) Happy Transfiguration!

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Victor said...

Happy belated Transfiguration Day to both of you Crystal and Dina! You're very lucky Dina! What "I" would give for me, myself and i to be visiting that site in reality with Jesus someday.

Will ya give "IT" UP Victor! You know as well as "I" do that The Three in "ONE" of The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit is the only "ONE" to experience such a Blessed Event!

Lighten UP sinner vic! I was just thinking out loud in reality is all! :)

Peace

9:11 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

Happy Transfiguration :)

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home