My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, March 11, 2013

Praying for a miracle

Vatican live cam and blogging at The Telegraph

As the cardinals vote, I'm pretty depressed about the possibilities - every time I think someone is do-able, I read something bad about them (even Cardinal O'Malley). As this article states ...

Since every cardinal is a product of the status quo, it is difficult to imagine 115 men chosen by the present system electing a new pope committed to fundamental change. Monarchs don’t start revolutions. But we people of faith are praying for a miracle. Angelo Roncalli was supposed to be an elderly caretaker. Instead, as Pope John XXIII he dragged the church into the 20th century—well, at least into the 19th.

Some further reading ...

Picking the pope: Holy Spirit or ‘groupthink’? - David Gibson

3 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

riveting video of a roof top! What kind of birds are those?

11:29 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Heh - that's how it looked to me too when I posted it - about 7:30 am their time - but I hoped it would get more interesting. There are birds?

2:29 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

The Tablet is live blogging - they at least have photos too ... http://storify.com/The_Tablet/pope-to-resign

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home