My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hitchcock


- Hopkins

This week's movie rental was Hitchcock. The movie starred Anthony Hopkins, Helen Mirren, and Scarlett Johansson, and is ...

a 2012 American biographical comedy-drama film directed by Sacha Gervasi and based on Stephen Rebello's non-fiction book Alfred Hitchcock and the Making of Psycho .... Hitchcock centers on the relationship between director Alfred Hitchcock and his wife Alma Reville during the making of Psycho, a controversial horror film that became one of the most acclaimed and influential works in the filmmaker's career.

I was looking forward to seeing this as I've seen many of Hitchcock's movies. I've posted about some of them here ... Rebecca ... Notorious ... Vertigo ... I Confess ... and I've also seen Strangers ona Train, Rear Window, To Catch a Thief, North by Northwest, Psycho, The Birds, and Marne. I didn't like them all - some of the storylines, especially the way the women characters were written, were disturbing - but overall I liked most of those I've seen, I guess because they remind me of my grandfather.

Roger Ebert gave the film 3 out of 4 stars in his review (sad to think I won't be able to rely on his reviews anymore). For those who plan to see the movie but don't know much about Hitchcock, there's an article in The Atlantic that's informative - Catching the References in 'Hitchcock,' From 'The Birds' to the Blondes

Here's a trailer ...



I think I'll look for some more of his movies at the library :)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Victor said...

(((I think I'll look for some more of his movies at the library :) )))

Bee careful what YA watch crystal cause this guy reminds "ME", "ME" and "ME" of Victor in reality NOW!

STOP "IT" RIGHT THERE sinner vic! YOU HAVE NO "LEFT" "i" MEAN "RIGHT" TO TELL u>s WHAT WE CAN AND CAN'T DO now AND.....

And I want you two to stop this and get alone, I mean along cause we should all be able to talk about all of this in The Twenty First Century and Victor if YA continue fighting with sinner vic, our Crystals are just not going to put UP with "IT" for ever if YA know what me, myself and i mean NOW?

Gee Crystal! I just came here to tell you about a dream i had NOW!

Go ahead YA sweet stalker, I mean talk her, no, no, I mean talker....see what you two are doing to U>S Crystals so STOP "IT" sinner vic and Victor NOW?

Sorry crystal! Why didn't YA tell U>S that YA felt this WAY although there was a rumor that you didn't even know his http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f27zNlmRMWU NOW!

DON'T LET HIM CON YOU CRYSTAL CAUSE TRUTH BE KNOWN, HE'S NOTHING BUT A CON VIC, i MEAN A CON ARTIST NOW!

LISTEN VICTOR! YOU'RE JUST AN OLD FART of 67 years, nine months and seven days old so shouldn't YA just quit while you're ahead NOW Victor?

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH AND THAT GOES FOR YA TOO sinner vic!

Sorry too crystal but Victor won't let U>S gods help him and he's UPSET with U>S just because we told him to use that GPS that the alien gods let U>S borrow! Maybe you're right crystal and we should try a little hard her, I mean harder NOW!

Haha sinner vic! You want U>S (usual sinners) to use your alien gods GPS just to go to and get my coffee at Tim Horton NOW? Dahhha!?

"ME", "ME" and "ME" can understand why in reality, you're two per sent age might not understand so let US, I mean U>S gods try to explain. First of all we gods apologize for thinking that your reality cells were blond but you must know that GPS stands for Gods Prefered Services and Victor, YA don't know how dangerous "IT" can be while you're on your way to your Time Horton NOW!

FORGET "it" CRYSTAL cause me, myself and i can't put UP with this so called gods so i'll have to tell you about my dream some other time NOW!

OH! Victor you're just as stub born as Manny's Mother

http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.ca/2013/04/music-tuesday-way-you-look-tonite-by.html#comment-form

so why can't we just burry the truck hers, "I" mean the hatch "IT" cause "I" also had a dream http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_c-lVXwVlH8 so why can't we also be gay, "I" mean insanely Happy to get her, "I" mean together NOW!

Tell YA what sinner vic! Call me, myself and i when Hell Freezes over.

We're trying Victor but the hack her, "I" mean hackers are just not co-operating
http://www.patheos.com/blogs/theanchoress/2013/04/23/dark-joy-inclusion-mad-men-conceit-accommodation-and-the-american-church/ This page is forcing your browser to use legacy mode, which is not compatible with Disqus. Please see our troubleshooting guide to get more information about this error.

if YA get my drift NOW?

Hey sinner vic! How do YA really know that GOD (Good Old Dad) didn't send these hack hers, i mean hackers just to help me out NOW?


And to think Victor that we gods were going to take YA to see The World Series in 2017, the year of our gods NOW!


Go Figure brothers and sisters in Christ NOW! :)


Peace

10:19 AM  
Anonymous Victor said...

All kidding aside Crystal, Anthony Hopkins sure does look a lot like Hitchcock!

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000164/

Peace

12:12 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Yes, they did a good job on his make-up.

1:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home