My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mystery butterfly

When I went out to change the bird bath water I saw a butterfly that seemed in distress. It was fluttering around on the ground but couldn't seem to fly. I was afraid the birds would eat him so I scooped him up in a dustpan. I wasn't sure what to do with him, but as I started walking off with him, he managed to fly away. I don't know what kind of butterfly he was and didn't notice until I looked at the photo I took of him that his wing was damaged (sorry the photo is fuzzy - shaking hands) ....



It's a sad thing about butterflies and moths - their wings can't regenerate. I wish I'd found this page earlier, although to be honest, I don't think I would have been up to the challenge.

Update: Oh, maybe it's a Pipevine Swallowtail ?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home