My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, June 04, 2013

Almost any woman knows ...

I'm still reading Side Jobs by Jim Butcher, the collection of short stories set at different times throughout the other Dresden Files books. One of the reasons I like the series, aside from the theme of magic, is that Butcher writes pretty good female characters - Karen his cop friend, Molly his wizard apprentice, Susan his girlfriend - they're written as people (not "women"). Anyway, in the story I'm reading now, Karen ponders a difference between men and women ....

Almost any woman knows that almost any man is stronger than she is. Oh, men know they’re stronger, but they seldom actually stop to think through the implications of that simple reality - implications that are both unnerving and virtually omnipresent, if you aren’t a Martian [a man - as in women are from Venus and men are from Mars]. You think about life differently when you know that half the people you see have the physical power to do things to you, regardless of whether you intend to allow it - and even implied threats of physical violence have to be taken seriously.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Victor said...

(((Almost any woman knows that almost any man is stronger than she is.)))

Gee, me, myself and i don't really know where you are going with this NOW?

As far as I am concerned, woman have always been spiritually speaking, considered as sugar and spice and everything nice.

Having said that, my wife and "I" of almost 43 years of marriage in The Catholic Faith have had our disagreements in the past. Truth be known, had "IT" not been for GOD (Good Old Dad), we probably still might not be together NOW. Even my imaginary godly trinity cells of "ME", "ME" and "ME" might agree with every "ONE" of our "ONE" per cell age cells of my "Jesus" and soul when all of U>S (usual sinning cells make that statement to get her, Eve that is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GBebG5D6SaA

Longer story short, sinner vic does believe in LOVE although being the man, "I" mean god that he thinks he is through ADAM might probably never admit to "IT" in this "TIME" Zone NOW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm-zduI7zcE

GO Figure! :)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Cf_5uixC1Ww

Peace

9:10 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the links - I'm getting an education in country music :)

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home