My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, June 16, 2013

From LIFE to the wine country

- Father’s Day Special: LIFE With Famous Dads and Their Daughters

- Photos of people in different countries, reading. I like the CS Lewis quote posted - We read to know we are not alone.

- If you care about bees, you might want to see More Than Honey ...



- Al Gore: NSA's secret surveillance program 'not really the American way'

- Damian Thompson writes about depression ...

[...] Depression is like addiction: it magnifies natural character traits and demonstrates that our bodies weren’t designed for the 21st century. Celebrities are notoriously prone to both, because they’re ahead of us in the queue for the rollercoaster of limitless choice. And that raises a tricky question: where do we start, and stop, in the prescription of drugs to control moods whose instability is made worse by our environment?

I don’t know. But I can tell you that crawling out of bed today was made easier by 60mg of duloxetine, an anti-depressant that, so far as I can tell, suppresses the feelings of despair and meaninglessness that start in the pit of my stomach and colonise my whole body. That’s what depression means to me. I don’t have it badly, I could probably ditch the pills, but, to put it bluntly, life would suck. So, like many people I know – and, I suspect, a frighteningly large percentage of future generations – I’ll keep taking the tablets ...


- Pope Francis wants a "poor church for the poor" but I don't think all the church guys have read that memo: Bishops and Catholic Leaders to Gather in Napa to Discuss the Church and 'Next America', and here's the resort/spa where they're staying ....


4 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

especially when there are so many wonderful Catholic retreat centers that are available and could use the support. Most of them probably don't have wine caves though

8:15 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I know - nor hot tubs in caves - no wonder the Catholic retreat centers lost out ;)

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Victor said...

(((I know - nor hot tubs in caves - no wonder the Catholic retreat centers lost out ;) )))

So true Crystal and believe "IT" or not, there are still some Catholic who believe that "Prayer" will protect them from U>S but when we gods get finished with these pup pets, "I" mean so called human animal members, the alien gods will be having a LOT of fun deciding which "ONE" per sent age to start with now. Will Victor ever learn that the alien gods own this world and if his so called "ONE" per sent age "Jesus" and soul member cells don't join U>S (usual sinners) there will be hell to pay. Why can't Victor learn that we gods own "Matrimony" and he should know by now and truth be known, Victor's older brother tried to warn Victor when he was a teen by telling him that he had Japanese Eyes butt Victor is still trying to battle with vs shadows.
Go figure, Victor loved his older brother Joe back then and is still praying for his lost soul. Long story short, Victor was not able to keep society from taking Joe's life and.....

END YA SAY sinner vic?

Please let my brother Joe R.I.P. now!

Go Figure brothers and sisters in Christ! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iy8ZExuh4kc

Peace

10:33 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor. Sorry about your brother.

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home