My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Europa Report



This week's movie rental was Europa Report ...

a 2013 science fiction film ... [which] recounts the fictional story of the first crewed mission to Europa, one of Jupiter's moons. Despite a disastrous technical failure that loses all communications with Earth mission control and the death of one of the crew, the remaining members continue their mission to Europa and encounter a baffling mystery.

The basic story is that a commercial corporation sends a space craft with six astronauts/scientists ...



to Jupiter's icy moon, Europa ...



where they drill under the ice to the liquid below in search of life ...



whereupon things go terribly wrong ...



NPR didn't like the movie much, the Washington Post liked it a bit more. I thought it was interesting and visually intriguing but I doubt I'll ever want to see it again ... it's a found footage film in which all info presented appears to be video recordings made by the crew, so it was a little too low affect for me. Here's a trailer ...


2 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Saw Gravity yesterday, liked it:)
Enjoying your posts on evil and the devil. I've been reading The Gift of Spiritual Intimacy and thinking about those things in a more serious way. A good book. Thanks,Hope all is well.

8:08 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I'm signed up for Gravity but it will be a while before it's rentable, I guess.

You're reading it too? Someone recommended it to me. I think it's the only book I've read so far on the Spiritual Exercises - there's so much online stuff that's available.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home