My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

‘Follow me’



Reading In the beginning… by John Moffatt SJ, which reminds me of Duns Scotus' idea about the Incarnation ...

[I]f the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us, that changes how we think about truth and meaning. Truth is not something that can be exhausted by the repetition of formulae, ancient or recent. Rather, it is most deeply revealed in relationship and in action, action that is fully human, a creative sign of selfless love, faithful to the will of the Father. We Christians believe many things, but the most important is that we believe in him. And his last words to Peter and to us are not a detailed list of instructions, but the simple, terrifying, consoling and liberating phrase: ‘Follow me’.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

"terrifying", that's the part I always forget about

2:30 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

It's probably the best part :)

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home