My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Monday, April 14, 2014

Hercules and confession


- Hercules reads a message from Nemesis

My latest DVD from the library is the first season of Hercules. I decided to pick it up because it's connected to some good memories .... I had been watching reruns of the series on tv back when my mom and cats were all still alive and while I was in RCIA class. The reason I especially remember RCIA is that towards the end of our classes we in the group were supposed to make our first confession and during that I mentioned to the priest that it would be nice to have a boyfriend like the tv Hercules ... he corrected me: 'you mean a *husband* like Hercules' ... heh ;) Yes, sometimes the special effects, acting, and writing leave something to be desired, but still the character of Hercules is just so good - kind, honest, brave, and willing to risk his life to help even strangers - that it almost makes up for the deficiencies.

Here's the theme music ...



And here's one of the many episodes that can be found online - it begins with Hercules and his best friend Iolaus camping out on their way to a festival ...


4 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Or for those of us with attention spans less than 10 minutes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FvsPVK1BkY. Yes, me and my buddy watched this cartoon every morning before school. Sadly, it was high school... my confession:)

4:28 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

5:21 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Oh, I didn't know there were Hercules cartoons. He should have really been Heracles but I guess no one would then have recognized him :)

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Richard said...

I really think it's okay to let him in for a little bit. Cats like that are pretty low maintenance just looking for a pal; enjoy:)

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home