My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Wednesday, January 07, 2015

The sea of ice



I bought two calendars for 2015 and one of them is a 365 day desk calendar of France. I wanted to learn more about France because I've only been there once, and then just to Paris really, so this is my chance to learn more about the country from which ancestors on both sides of my family have come ... yep, I'm at least half frog :) The first day of the calendar had a picture of the Mer de Glace ... a glacier located on the northern slopes of the Mont Blanc massif, in the Alps. At 7 kilometres (4.3 mi) long and 200 metres (660 ft) deep, it is the longest glacier in France.


- Mont Blanc, Dôme du Goûter and Aiguille du Goûter

We did actually drive through the Alps on our one trip to Europe but we didn't stop to see any glaciers. Here's a not very good pic of me sitting on a wall - you can barely make out the Alps towering behind me ...



I plan to post now and then about any interesting future bits from the calendar :)


6 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Pretty picture...good to see you:)

8:00 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

One of the few that didn't turn out horrible ;)

9:42 AM  
Blogger Victor said...

"I'm at least half frog :)"

Crystal, being of French origin myself, I was wondering what your version of 'frog' means and by the way, nice picture of yourself.

I'm noticing advertising on this post... I was wondering if this is something new for you and/or are the hackers "Playing" tricks on you also...lol

1:09 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Victor,

There was advertizing on this post? I don't know anything about that and haven't seen any ads myself. I wonder if Blogger is adding them in and not telling us.

3:02 PM  
Blogger Victor said...

((( There was advertizing on this post? I don't know anything about that and haven't seen any ads myself. I wonder if Blogger is adding them in and not telling us.)))

You could be right as far as Blogger being responsible for it but then again, all I know is that this is being done on many other blogs that I read... to top it all they even have advertising on words... For example I wrote a comment in the blog below using words that were high lighted with advertising that I never clicked.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/theanchoress/2015/01/06/the-spirit-moves-through-the-net-in-mysterious-ways/

I wonder why any hackers and/or whom ever is doing this... people are paranoid enough without adding to it... maybe one of our past Canadian Prime Minister, The Right Honourable Pierre E. Trudeau was right when he said that just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean that nobody is out to get you.

Between you and me, if anyone is checking me out, GOD knows that they are waisting tax payers money but then again some beleive that their means will be justified at the end and/or is that that at the end their meaness will be justified?

I'm going to tell you a funny story before I close... my wife just happen to be around and I read her your comment... as I was reading and had started to reply... anyway, my screen just turned green again and everything just disappeared.

I hear YA! The things that can happen to YA when you're paranoid...lol

GOD Bless Peace

PS. These three words were in blue and capitalized; AGAIN, BELOW, CHECKING...

Go Figure? ;)

5:09 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Victor,

I did see ads on some blogs a few months ago - every time I visited some blogs, an ad would pop up. But after a few weeks they seemed to stop being there and I haven't seen any lately. I think Blogger is responsible but I don't know how to block them.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home