My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Sunday, April 26, 2015

"I am the good shepherd"



The reading for today, John 10:11-18, leaves out the part of this discourse I like the best: the second line of John 10:10 ... I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly. To me this says that Jesus came to make our lives here better, fuller, happier. It's this idea that helps me pray for what I really want instead of what I'm supposed to want.

Here's a clip from the movie The Gospel of John, in which Jesus (Henry Ian Cusick) gives more of the discourse ....


2 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

I agree with you. I think most of the mischief in life comes from ignoring or denying what are essentially wholesome desires. Prayer can guide us to the heart of the matter.

4:56 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

I read once a thing about Herbert McCabe OP, that he believed people should pray for what they really wanted - made me not feel so guilty ;)

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home