My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Friday, September 25, 2015

The Pope at the UN on the environment



Pope Francis to the UN: environmental degradation threatens ‘the very existence of the human species’

I'm very happy the Pope is on board with environmentalism. I've been a supporter of the environment since I was a teen and really appreciate the work of organizations like the Sierra Club, the Environmental Defense Fund, World Wildlife Fund, the Center for Biological Diversity and others. I wonder how all the conservative Catholics and Republicans are dealing with the Pope's message - they're traditionally the people who want to exploit the environment as a product for consumption. Democrats are usually the defenders of the environment, and I saw an article at NCR today about Hillary Clinton's agreement with the Pope on climate change.

You can read the transcript of the Pope's talk at the UN here at TIME.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home