My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Edition



This week's movie rental was Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring - Extended Edition.



This version has been available for years but it has only just made it to Netflix. I loved the theatrical version but I liked this version even more - I had no idea so much of the film had been trimmed.



Here are a couple of bits that had been cut out of the theatrical version. On the trek to Rivendell, Aragorn sings a song about an elf who marries a mortal ...



And here's the fellowship arriving in Lothlórien ...



Looking forward to The Two Towers next.

2 Comments:

Blogger Deacon Denny said...

Had to click on that blog when I saw the title. I love the Lord of the Rings movies, as well as (to a lesser extent) the Hobbit series.
And yes, the extended version shows SO MANY excellent little snips. A couple of friends and I occasionally take a day/night getaway and watch all three movies in a crazy marathon. The last time we took a couple of our kids.
I hope you're OK. Sometimes at the end of an evening working on the computer, I will relax and just surf around. I like stopping by and seeing that you're still here, still posting a lot of interesting things. Thank you.

11:48 PM  
Blogger crystal said...

Hi Denny :)

I have read the book many times since I was a teen and I like the movies even more. All the characters are so good and brave and self-sacrificing that they make me want to be a better person. I hope all is well with you and your family and kitties. It's good to hear from you.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home