My Photo
Name:
Location: United States

Saturday, May 14, 2016

Resale?



I've been trying to decide what I have that's of any resale value at Amazon. After looking around there and here, I've come up with a possibility ... my old Apple computer bits. I don't know if anyone is actually buying this stuff, but the keyboards and mice are listed there for modest prices used.

It brings back memories to see the oldest mouse and keyboard (top black keyboard and second mouse from the L). They are from the first computer I ever owned, bought used for $600 in the late 90s, the Macintosh TV ...



My next computer, the iMac G3 was a gift from my mom around 2000 and goes with the strawberry hockey puck mouse that's third from the L in the photo and the other black keyboard.



After my mom died, I bought my own first time new computer with some of the money she left - an eMac - which goes with the ugly white mouse and white keyboard in the photo above.



I still have the computers too and they mostly still work, so maybe they are worth a few bucks as well. Right now I'm using a loaner from my sister, an iMac, which is very nice ...



The very first computer I ever used was also a loaner from my sis, the Macintosh Classic, and I still remember playing games on it :) ....


2 Comments:

Anonymous Richard said...

Wish I'd kept my Kaypro :( It was not only portable (i.e. it had a suitcase handle) but sported 2 floppy disk drives, one for the program and one for data.

9:28 AM  
Blogger crystal said...

Wow, that's ancient. I still have a drawer full of old floppies with sounds and phrases on them, like Mr. Spock saying "Fascinating" :)

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home